We really loved this recipe! Here is the link – I will put the recipe below too.
I have been cooking non stop for weeks, just haven’t posted anything – will try and get some of the dishes up soon – some amazing.. some flops!
Anyway back to this one, my kids have always loved sweet & sour meatballs, so I decided to try a new recipe. What a success – I did add a few other things… IE baby spinach at the last minute, some carrots and some peas & corn – more-so to beef it up a little and have extra to serve! HUGE thumbs up from all in this house! I used medium grain rice as it’s all I had at the time.. normally I like to use basmati or jasmine rice.
The flavour is out of this world, so so moreish – consistency of the sauce is perfect. I could eat this till I burst!
Here’s my cooking pictorial (as usual) – wishing I’d NOT used a red plate.. and wishing I’d taken some extra time to make the plate LOOK nice.. not so.. by the time it was ready we were drooling !
- Prep Time: 30 mins
- Total Time: 2 hrs 30 mins
- Servings: 4
About This Recipe
“This is a recipe my mom made for years and years. I’ve made it for parties as well as when I’ve had company over for supper. Everyone loves these meatballs. These meatballs are made without the addition of pineapple.”
For the meatballs
- 1 lb ground beef
- Worcestershire sauce, to taste
- 3 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- oregano, to taste
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
For the sauce
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons soya sauce
- For meatballs: Mix all ingredients (minus oil) together. Form into balls. Fry in oil until golden then place on paper towel to drain. Set aside
- For Sauce: In medium saucepan, fry onion in oil until tender. Add all other sauce ingredients and simmer 20 minutes. Add meatballs and cook 1 hour on medium. Serve and Enjoy!
- *You can also place browned meatballs and sauce mix into crock pot.
Pasted from <http://www.food.com/recipeprint.do?rid=88991>