These are by Thermomumma and can be found on the recipe community (AUS) – SO delicious! Only thing I have done differently is omit the icing and fill them with cream, a dob of home made strawberry jam – and sprinkle icing sugar over the top. Took them in to work and they were gone in minutes!! Put them on your to-do list!
Tip of the day: If you’re like me and have an odd oven – watch them so they don’t burn. If I set my oven to 100c – it will heat to 200c! OUCH! All ovens are different, never assume (unless you know your oven) that things will come out perfectly according to the time given in the instructions 🙂
I do have the silicon moulds described – however these were made ‘freeform’ as I found previously the moulds make them too high. I got more out of the recipe by freeforming them 🙂
Recipe: Sweet Bun Dough – Thermomumma
- 275 grams water, lukewarm
- 5 teaspoons instant dried yeast
- 550 grams white bakers flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons milk powder, optional
- 2 teaspoons bread improver
- 65 grams sugar
- 45 grams soft butter
- Add all ingredients to your thermo bowl in order. Combine 40 seconds, speed 3. Then knead 8 minutes dough function.
- Transfer dough to a thermomat or oiled bowl & cover with a tea-towel. Let this sit & rest for 15 minutes before working with it.
- Turn dough out onto a thermomat or oiled/floured bench & punch out any gasses that may have formed.
- You can now shape/assemble to make fingers buns or scrolls etc.
- Place in a nice warm moist area to prove. If you are proving in a dry heat please spray your dough with water & cover or the dough will dry out.
- Once grown to the desired size place in a preheated oven on 180* fan forced for 15/20 mins, or until golden brown. Place on cooling rack immediately.
NotesSPICED DOUGH. Simply add a few tsp of your favourite spices to the ingredients at the start of the recipe.FRUIT DOUGH. simply hand knead some dried fruit into your dough before the resting stage. POPULAR ICING RECIPES– 75 grams solite (can be purchased from specialty cake shops, or bakeries), 150g icing sugar, 15 ml water, 1 teaspoon vanilla paste. Whip with butterfly – 2 minutes, speed 3.- Buttercream icing from your cookbook.- Royal icing from your cookbook.- AWW simple icing recipe; combine 1 cup icing sugar, 10g melted butter and I TBSP milk. Mix well.** Safe to make in a TM31 & TM5. Always check your manual/cookbook for weight limits just to be sure. **** PHOTO THANKS TO JENNY MAY – Finger Buns made in silicone kmart moulds. 50g dough weight & solite icing **
The recipe I used for the strawberry jam is SO easy – got it from the Bellini Kitchenmaster cook book – found it online in another blog – thank you to Bellini Kitchen Adventures – the recipe can be found here: Fresh Strawberry Jam